Okay, I admit. I am terrible when it comes to eating breakfast in the morning, unless it is the weekend. Or, if my awesome guy makes it for me. That’s one of the reasons I love this recipe so much. Whip up a large batch on Sunday, and there are leftovers in the fridge to reheat during the busy work week. Don’t you just love simple food prepping?
This recipe is so simple and yummy! You can use any fresh veggies, and/or meats (if you’re so inclined) that you like. I often cook this recipe to use up veggies before stocking up again. The ingredients for this are simply what I had in the fridge at the time. You could also include: broccoli, kale, mushrooms, etc. Feel free to get creative!
I have made variations of this dish for guests many times, and it is always a hit.
Let’s get to work. First, sauté your veggies in red palm oil until soft. (See instructions in the recipe below for specifics.)
Next, add in the egg mixture, and scramble away. When the eggs are nearly ready, add in the grated cheese and cooked meat, if using.
Finally, enjoy this creation. It is definitely Russ approved. In fact, he often asks, “When are you making those eggs again?” He loves to make a breakfast sandwhich out of his!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 3/4 cup sweet onion, about half an onion
- 1/2 cup red pepper, about half a pepper
- 1/2 cup green pepper, about half a pepper
- 2 medium roma tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2-3 cups spinach, rough chopped
- 12 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons red palm oil
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Dice your peppers, onions, tomatoes, and zucchini.
- Heat 2 tablespoons red palm oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the diced peppers and cook 3-4 minutes
- Add the onions and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook until it begins to soften. Keep stirring the veggie mixture so that it cooks evenly.
- Meanwhile, crack the 12 eggs into a large bowl. Add 1 cup milk and the pepper and smoked paprika. Whisk together well.
- Once the zucchini is soft, add the tomatoes and spinach. Cook until the spincach is wilted.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Use a spatula to lightly scrape the skillet as the eggs are cooking. Keep turning and scraping util the eggs are scrambled.
- Add the grated cheese and stir another minute.
- Remove from heat, and serve up your yummy goodness.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 389mgSodium 386mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 24g
Note: Nutritional information is an approximation. Different brands and/or quantities will change the nutrition profile.