Give an everyday dinner a little pizzaz with Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus. These gems are so easy to make, yet taste like you spent the afternoon prepping them. When Russ came home from work the other night, his face light up like a five-year-old's on Christmas day when he saw them prepped in the fridge. You just gotta love when your loved friends and family get excited about the food you prepare for them.
In the past, I made bacon wrapped asparagus many times, but when I was on a Whole30 round, I had a difficult time finding compliant bacon. Deciding to sub in prosciutto, I've never looked back. The prosciutto crisps up faster than bacon with less grease, and the shorter baking time means that the asparagus doesn't get soggy. By the way, If you're participating in Whole30, just omit the honey from the sauce for Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus.
Are you ready to get cooking? Prep is so simple. First, trim the woody ends of your asparagus. Next, wrap 3-5 asparagus spears, depending on their thickness with one sheet of prosciutto. Place each bundle in a prepared baking dish. (I always use my Misto to lightly spray with avocado or olive oil.)
Finally, whisk together the avocado oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and garlic powder. Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus, and bake in a 350ºF oven for about thirty minutes. (Side note: Did you know that if you use local honey regularly, you can help combat allergies?)
That's it. Easy peasy, and oh so tasty. I know you won't be disappointed with the simplicity and flavor of this side dish. So easy, but makes you look so fancy. If you make Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus and love it, please give me a rating on the blog.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 21-30 asparagus spears
- 7 slices prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus, and group into seven equally sized bundles of 3-5 spears depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Carefully wrap each asparagus bundle with one sheet of prosciutto. Place each wrapped bundle in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Whisk together the avocado oil, honey, pepper, garlic powder, and balsamic vinegar until smooth. Drizzle the sauce over the asparagus.
- Bake the asparagus for about 30 minutes. Check for desired softness. I like mine a little on the crunchy side, so 30 minutes was about perfect.
- Omit the honey for Whole30. The same recipe works for bacon wrapped asparagus, but I had a difficult time finding compliant bacon while completing a round of Whole30 and discovered that I like prosciutto better for many dishes.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 437Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 69mgSodium 2708mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 5gSugar 21gProtein 33g
Note: Nutritional information is an approximation. Different brands and/or quantities will change the nutrition profile.