Are you looking for an easy, flavorful recipe for the grill this Labor Day weekend? I humbly suggest you give these Basil Rubbed Pork Chops a try.
First, let me say, don't let the green appearance of the uncooked chops put you off--this recipe is amazing. I was looking for a new spin on grilled chops, and this is definitely going into our meal rotation.
I am blessed to have a guy who loves to grill. As long as I get everything prepped, he'll even take care of the veggies on the grill for me, yum!!
Just so you know, I followed this recipe to the letter, which I don't usually do. Although, I did only use two pork chops, but they were BIG, thick chops from the natural food market.
This recipe is ridiculously easy. First, add the garlic and basil to your food processor to mince the garlic. Next, add the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Finish processing until you have a wet paste.
Spread both sides of the chops with the rub, and let sit for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat your grill to a medium setting. Grill the chops about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Let rest and serve with your favorite potatoes and garden salad.
We made our Smash Potatoes to go with these chops. If you haven't tried them yet, I strongly suggest you do. You'll be hooked!
- 2 bone in pork chops At least ¾ inch thick.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the garlic and basil in food processor to finely chop.
- Add lemon juice and zest, oil, salt, and pepper, and process to create a wet rub.
- Scoop out the rub with your hands, and completely coat the chops. (This part is messy, but fun. It's the gardener in me; I love to get my hands dirty.)
- Let the chops rest for about 20-30 minutes to let the rub work in.
- Grill the chops over medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 145°F, about 6-7 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Let rest a few minutes before serving with your favorite sides.
Inspired Fresh Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.com. Thank you for supporting Inspired Fresh Life.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 463Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 132mgSodium 863mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 41g
Note: Nutritional information is an approximation. Different brands and/or quantities will change the nutrition profile.