Chipotle Black Bean Hummus is a healthy snack with a bit of a kick. Serve it with your favorite veggies, crackers, or pita. One of Russ’s coworkers, who swears he doesn’t like hummus, even loved it.
Not only is this hummus incredibly yummy, it’s so easy to prepare in your food processor or blender. I used a blend of black beans and garbanzo beans, but I think it would be just as good using all black beans.
All you have to do is add all the ingredients to your food processor, except the avocado oil, and give it a few pulses to begin blending the ingredients. Then, with the food processor running, drizzle the avocado oil through the top chute. Blend until the hummus is smooth.
That’s it. Easy peasy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Betcha it won’t last that long though. As with all dips, it tastes even better after the flavors have had at least an hour to set.
You might also like: Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Hummus
- 10 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 small lime juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Drain and rinse the beans, rough chop the cilantro, and slice the roasted peppers.
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor except the avocado oil. Give it a few pulses to begin to combine the ingredients. While the food processor is running, drizzle in the avocado oil through the top chute. Continue blending until the hummus reaches a smooth consistency.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge. Enjoy with yor favorite veggies, crackers, or pita.
- The chipotle powder gives this hummus a bit of a kick. If you don't like spicy, try substituting cumin for the chipotle.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 179Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 151mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 6gSugar 2gProtein 7g